Thank you for choosing Avecina for your rapid COVID-19 testing! To improve efficiency and timeliness, we recommend scheduling an appointment for COVID-19 testing; for walk-up testing without an appointment please call (904) 728-9746 for availability.
Due to extremely high demand and need for testing, Avecina has set up remote testing collection sites in Jacksonville and St. Augustine to act as an alternative for patients that are not able to schedule with one of our three offices.
Avecina Medical offers two types of rapid tests:
(1) Sofia 2 Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test via nasal swab for detection of current infection with 96.7% Sensitivity and 100% Specificity.
(2) Rapid Antibody Test via finger stick that verifies the presence of IgG/IgM antibodies which show previous infection and protection with 100% Sensitivity and 98.9% Specificity.
* The rapid COVID-19 Antigen test plus the rapid COVID-19 Antibodies test can be performed at the same visit.
Same Day Results
Certain institutions such as the Bahamian Government may only accept a PCR COVID-19 test to allow entrance. There is currently no such a thing as a “rapid PCR test.” If you specifically require a PCR test, please be aware that results may take as long as 7 days and this test must be done at the office and not our drive through location.
Cost of COVID-19 Testing
No insurance is accepted for mobile testing.
– Rapid COVID-19 Antigen test to rule out a current infection $150 per person paid at the time of scheduling.
– Rapid Antibody test to show the presence of antibodies and past infection $125 per person paid at the time of scheduling.
– Combination test of rapid COVID-19 Antigen test plus COVID-19 Antibodies $225 ($50 savings) per person paid at the time of scheduling.
Turnaround Time: Same Day
Cancellation: $50 fee
Refund Policy: Appointment date or time may be changed at no additional charge with a 24 hour notice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other cancellations or no shows will incur a $50 cancellation fee. Once the sample has been collected, there is no refund offered.
The cost of this test can not be filed with any insurance carrier since an actual medical visit is not performed.
How to Prepare
Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your time slot.
For faster processing, please print the following registration packet, fill it out and bring it with you at the time of your appointment.
For appointments, click the button below.
Please text (904) 728-9746
for all drive-through testing questions and inquiries.